Sunday 8 January 2017

In the words of John Lennon....

"Another year over, and a new one just begun."

So - yesterday was the end of the twelve days of Christmas. In true Irish fashion, with the Feast of the Epiphany now over, it was time to take down the Christmas decorations. Therefore I did no minis today at all. However, I did take one photo I thought I would share.

I have been collecting Santas, a.k.a. Father Christmases, for several years now. Each year I get a new one for our collection. I have a few large ones that stand on their own but the smaller ones are displayed on a shelving unit in the living room every year for the month leading up to Christmas and into January. As I was clearing the shelves today in preparation for storing my beloved Santas away for another year, I took each one off the shelf and took them into the dining room to get them out of the way temporarily. After removing the Christmas lights and dusting the shelves, I walked through the dining room to dispose of my dusting cloth. The sight of all my smaller Santas gathered together made me think they were whispering secrets back and forth to each other. I snapped a picture before they could turn away!


I packed things away slowly throughout the afternoon but, you have no idea how much Christmas decorating I do. This is definitely a two to three-day job. So, once I cleared the items from the top of my buffet, I had to replace them with something. Given the time of year I went searching for something more appropriate than the usual bric-a-brac I keep there. Here's my closing picture for the day. (I was careful to stay out of sight of the mirror when I took this picture but I see I captured DH standing in the living room. I won't tell him if you won't!)


Time to get in the mood. So that's my short post for today. I'll be back to minis soon, I hope. TTFN!! - Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment