Friday 6 May 2016

Dropping in for a quick visit

Hello everyone. I just wanted to post a short message today for a few reasons:

First: Thank you so much to all who have provided some comfort to my DH and I on losing our much-loved 18-year-old kitty. It's been a couple of days and we're still adjusting (not well, but it will come).

Second: If you haven't yet done so, please consider sending in your donation to the Red Cross to aid in the current efforts from the tragedy that is still unfolding in Alberta - even if you can only afford a small amount - it all helps. There still appears to be no end in sight and I cannot even imagine what it will take in the days and weeks ahead to provide assistance to so many people and businesses. Kudos to the first responders and all the agencies working hard to bring this devastation to an end. I can't believe they managed to evacuate 88,000 people in just over 24 hours! Unbelievable work!

Third: On a much happier note, I received a link today from a friend to this ebay page. I just loved it and thought I would share it with you. It does, of course, link to product for sale, but it also gives a short tutorial on making these adorable little mini-vignettes. I thought you might enjoy the article. You can find it here:(sorry - had a link here but it no longer works.  It was about making tiny lighted scenes inside mason jars - it was titled " Miniature Worlds that come alive at night)

I'm off now to start putting together everything I will be bringing for our display at the Moncton Miniature show tomorrow. Louise is picking me up at 7:00 (yuck!!). Marijke and Mary Lou will also be there but they are travelling on their own. I believe JoAnn Shaw and Debbie P. from Nova Scotia will also be in attendance. BTW: Congratulations to JoAnn for achieving Artisan Status with the International Guild of Miniature Artisans for her leather work. She is another very talented lady!

If I'm not too tired tomorrow evening I will try to do a post about the Moncton Show. Again - thank you all for your kind thoughts over the last couple of days. They were much appreciated. TTFN!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Marilyn,
    Thank you for the great link! I can't wait to hear about the Moncton Show!
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete