Friday 4 March 2016

Finishing Friday

Taking a page from another blog I read (was it Elizabeth's from Studio E or another - I can't remember), I've designated Friday as "finish day". No new projects allowed! So each Friday I will try to finish something I've already started. It may not always be possible to finish up an old project in just one sitting but, at least I'll give it the old college try!

So- I finished the little shabby chic chair today. I decided I couldn't use the stitching I had first done because it was too close to the edge to wrap the cushion. I did receive an excellent suggestion from Scrapbooking Butterfly to use the first stitching to make a fire screen. I'm going to give it some thought. In the meantime, I chose a second design and started stitching again. I actually like it much better because the design is a little smaller so looks more in proportion to the chair seat. Here are the two stitch patterns together.

The new one I'm going to use is on the left.

Then I painted and dry-brushed the old chair and I like it much better than the original as well. With the seat cushion glued in, I may now have to find a little scene to put this in. Once again I'm showing the original chair and the new version next to it. I hope you like it. I do.




Now I have some time to check out my favourite blogs and see what they're up to. Have you checked out Marijke H.'s lately? She has made the most amazing St. John's Wort plant. I'm not sure I've ever seen a miniature plant turn out so realistic-looking. It was a tremendous effort but man, did she ever do a nice job. Hop over and have a look and be sure to click on the finish picture so you can see it better. I really want to be her when I grow up!!! See you on Monday! TTFN!!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Marilyn,
    Love the second stitching that you have completed! The scale of the flowers are great with the chair and It will look lovely in whatever room setting it is placed. Well done! Do hope you find a wonderful purpose for the first stitching as the colours and designs of the two stitchings complement each other.
    Warm regards,
    Alayne

    ReplyDelete