Wednesday 11 December 2013

My Wish List

Before I settle in to a regular posting schedule I thought I would provide a list of projects I have been thinking about tackling as I move through this journey of mini discovery. Here are my ideas at this point (as with all my ideas - subject to change without notice LOL):

1. Before we left yesterday to come over to PEI for a couple of days, I had DH build me a plain little box out of rough plywood. It's 12" long, 8 1/2" high to the inside, and 6" deep. I planned on making it into a Christmas vignette. Already I've changed my mind (see - I told you!). Now I think I'll make it a nice, panelled little corner of a den or sitting room that I can add Christmas decorations to but then change the accessories for the different seasons. I'll be posting about that in the upcoming week.

2. I have always loved this picture by Carl Spitzweg - "The Bookworm". I think it would make a great room box.

3. Remember the incredible Christmas window scenes at Eaton's, the Bay and Simpson Sears in Toronto every year. When our family lived in Ontario during the 50s and 60s we used to take a trip to Toronto around Christmas just to see the beautiful displays, usually with moving parts and fantastical scenes. I would love to do a series reproducing some of these in miniature. Anyone know where pictures of these might be available? One of the more recent ones was online last year so I did save that picture - I think it would make a great scene - including the little mouse household under the floorboards - wouldn't that be adorable??

4. Ah Paris - one of my favourite places. I have in mind a little corner bistro with a view of the Eiffel Tower in the background. I actually have this one fairly well thought out but before I start it I want to work on...

5. A little Irish pub (okay - another of my favourite places)on the ground floor with a residence above. I have two Buttercup houses that I am going to stack one on top of the other for this one - it'll be my project #2 after the room box I mentioned in my first wish list item.

6. A lighthouse and residence - I have scale architectural drawings for this that were actually provided to me by someone in the Canadian coastguard - they were so helpful.


I actually have so many more ideas but I think I'll leave you with these 6. Once I actually can prove that I am actually working on any of these above, I may confess all and list the rest of them. I have so many projects planned that I should be able to keep busy and out of trouble for however many years I have left on this side of the sod! LOL

[Okay - I don't know why but my pictures are not going into my post. I will post the text anyway then will try to figure out why these pictures are not being inserted. Please come back to see the pictures soon. MD]


3 comments:

  1. I am enjoying your blog already! You sound like so many of us miniaturists who want to do everything at once! I have many projects that I am working on and would love to do a blog too. I applaud you for jumping in with both feet. I look forward to your posts about your travels as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz. If only I can figure out why these pictures aren't showing up you'll be able to see a little more into what I have in mnd .....not that knowing what's in this mind of mine is necessarily a good thing! - Marilyn D.

      Delete
  2. Hi Marilyn! I think that what's on your mini roster is going to keep you busy for Decades! :D
    My only advise is not to spread yourself too thin, by taking on too much at one time. Other than that ... GO FOR IT! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete